The NBA is back!
I don’t know about anyone else, but to me, it feels like it never left.
We’ve got LABron, the Golden State Monstars, The Laughing Menace in Canada and much more drama waiting to be unfolded this season.
That being said, who is at the top (below the Warriors of course) this season?
Here are my first Power Rankings for the NBA Season:
- Golden State Warriors 66-16 – Do I have to explain?
- Boston Celtics 61-21 – Kyrie and Hayward are back. ‘Nuff said.
- Houston Rockets 60-22 – They’ll be great but not quite last year’s team.
- Oklahoma City Thunder 58-24 – Russ and PG should be more effective without Melo.
- Philadelphia 76ers 55-27 – Simmons and Fultz should both take steps forward.
- Portland Trail Blazers 54-28 – Damian and CJ play great together.
- Toronto Raptors 53-29 – We know this team is good. Hopefully Kawhi doesn’t laugh.
- Minnesota Timberwolves 51-31 – *pending Jimmy B situation*
- San Antonio Spurs 50-32 – DeRozan + Aldridge + Popovich
- Indiana Pacers 50-32 – Expecting improvement from last year.
- Utah Jazz 49-33 – Defense could be insanely great.
- Milwaukee Bucks 48-34 – Greek. Freak. (And company)
- Los Angeles Lakers 48-34 – LABron.
- Washington Wizards 47-35 – Wall and Beal may or may not play well together.
- Denver Nuggets 45-37 – Everyone in Denver is high on this team. I live in Texas.
- Miami Heat 44-38 – Maybe they get Jimmy Butler. Maybe not.
- New Orleans Pelicans 44-38 – AD ain’t enough.
- Cleveland Cavaliers 43-39 – LeBron is gone but I expect Kevin Love to be great.
- Detroit Pistons 40-42 – Twin Towers? Not good enough.
- Dallas Mavericks 39-43 – DSJ and Doncic will give Dallas fans lots of excitement.
- Los Angeles Clippers 37-45 – Remember when the Clippers were good?
- Chicago Bulls 35-47 – Young talent not ready yet.
- Charlotte Hornets 32-50 – Hopefully Kemba gets traded.
- Brooklyn Nets 30-52 – D’Angelo Russell and who else?
- Phoenix Suns 28-54 – Booker and Ayton are next Bryant and Shaq? No.
- Memphis Grizzlies 26-56 – This team is old as hell.
- Orlando Magic 25-57 – Will this team ever be good again?
- Sacramento Kings 24-58 – Hoping they suck but don’t suck the worst. (Go Celtics)
- Atlanta Hawks 22-60 – Trae Young will be decent though.
- New York Knicks 20-62 – Without Porzingus, they suck.